I am in my late twenties. By now, I have accomplished a few things in my life that I am proud. On the other hand, there are a few things that I could work more on.
- I am very incompetent with make-up. Media pushes for women to have pretty faces. However, I never learned to do more than basic concealer.
- I am struggling to stay skinny. Since I graduated from my undergrad studies, I have not been an active person. I work in an office and take online classes from my masters degree. Therefore, I spend countless hours sitting staring at a screen. With such busy schedule I rarely find the time and energy to go to the gym. In the past four years, I gained 30 pounds.
- I do not think that I am sexy. In my country, voluptuous women are attractive. I have always been skinny, almost underweight, and therefore not the attractive type. Moving to the U.S. was a culture shock. Here skinny rhymes with sexy. However, I cannot follow that trend because of the deeply rooted aesthetic ideas of my home country.
- I cannot sound confident when talking. I am an intelligent person. Of course, I do not know or understand everything. But I do strive to educate and comprehend more every day. However, even when I know my topic in depth I cannot sound like I am sure of myself. I always think that there is a super-genius who will refute everything that I say. I could be a fear of making mistakes.
- I do not know how to forgive & forget. I forgive, but I do not forget. I do not know how to let go of pain. I am afraid that I will not learn from past mistakes if I do not have the painful reminder of past events.
This list can go on, but I will stop there for now.